Mens Sana in Corpore sano
Annuit Coeptis Novus Ordo Seclorum
P.O Box 88-1226 Airport Station . Los Angeles, CA 90009
Toll Free. 1-866-910-3044 FAX 1-866-695-7252 email
Home | Amazon Rainforest Remedies | Energy Booster | Diet & Weight Loss | Non-Prescription Remedies | SAM-e | TEA
Reverse Osmosis System: MAINTENANCE & REPAIR
How Do I Change The Filters?
+ How Do I Change The Membrane?
+ How Do I Start Up The Unit?
+ What Is The Annual Sanitization Procedure?
How Do I Change The Filters?
How Do I Change The Membrane?
How Do I Start Up The Unit?
What Is The Annual Sanitization Procedure?
We recommend sanitizing the R.O. system at least once a year. The best time to do this is while changing your filters. First, shut down the system in the same manner as with a Filter Change. Drain the system, including the tank, and then disconnect the blue tubing from the shut-off valve to the tank. Put about ¼ to ½ teaspoon of Hydrogen Peroxide or household bleach into this tube, using an eyedropper for best results. Reconnect the blue tube to the shut-off valve and follow normal start-up procedures, including draining the tank. If you have an icemaker hook-up installed, be sure the ball valve in the line to the refrigerator is in the closed position during this procedure.
+ Directional Flow of Reverse Osmosis Model
Low Or Slow Water Production
This may be caused by low water pressure, crimps in the tubing, clogged pre-filters, or a fouled membrane.
» If the water pressure is below 40psi, a booster pump may be necessary.
» How old is the unit? If your unit is NEW (less than 3mos)
· Check your incoming water pressure
· Check each fitting to see if the water flows at the proper rate to that point. After you pinpoint the exact place the water stops or slows down considerably, contact the customer service department for troubleshooting support and possible warranty replacement.
· If you hooked your new unit up to tee off and supply water to your ice-maker, be sure the ice-maker is in the off position when the tank is trying to fill. (Each ice-maker line should have a ball valve installed to close whenever the water in the storage tank has been depleted. The back pressure is needed to let the tank fill.)
If your unit is OLDER than 6mos???..
· It may be time for a filter change/When was your last filter change? If the pr-filters are clogged they will need to be replaced.
· How old is the membrane? If the membrane is clogged the first indication is usually a slow down in the production of water. Sending a water sample to us would let us determine the actual rate the membrane is working. (1/2 cp of tap water and ½ cp of reverse osmosis water) We will let you know if replacement is required.
Again, finding out exactly where the water actually stops or slows down is important for us to know how to help you or how to determine which part needs replacing.
Minimal Water In Storage Tank
|We Ship Worldwide|